Whidbey Watershed Stewards is dreaming of a new logo- are you the one who will design it for us?!
We seek a creative, straightforward, descriptive new logo design that is recognizable and promotes our organization. Please read below for more details regarding our logo design, this contest’s rules, and submission requirements.
How to Enter our Logo Contest
The contest runs May 1, 2015 through June 1, 2015. After directly contacting the contest winner by e-mail, WWS will announce the winner through our e-newsletter, website and other social media platforms.
To have your logo designed considered for this contest, please
- Submit your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of “Logo Contest”
- Include your name, e-mail address, mailing address, and phone number in your e-mail
- Submit your entry in its original source file, high resolution .pdf and .jpeg
- Submit entry in color and greyscale
Whidbey Watershed Stewards is a 501c-3 organization providing watershed education, restoration, and research on Whidbey Island. Our slogan is “Connecting water, land, wildlife and people.” We provide elementary and middle school field experiences at our Outdoor Classroom in the Maxwelton Valley and at the Langley Marina. At our Freeland Wetland Preserve we host educational talks for adults and children. Our restoration properties include Robinson Beach in Freeland and the Miller Property in Maxwelton and the Old Clinton Creek. We are currently developing and completing a kelp foraging research project in the Smith and Minor Island Aquatic Reserve in Central Whidbey Island.
For more information on our organization visit: www.whidbeywatersheds.org
- A simply designed and clean logo that is recognizable, easy to remember and cost conscious in printing.
- Easily reproducible
- Design remains crisp in variety of sizes (widget to poster, pencil to t-shirt) and formats
Main Symbol of Logo:
- Prefer geometric or abstract symbol(s)
- Symbols representing the watershed such as land, water (fresh/salt), native plants, terrestrial animals, birds, fish
- Text not necessary in symbol, but required in logo design
- Text can appear below, above, around, etc., the symbol
- Prefer for organization name “Whidbey Watershed Stewards” in text, but “WWS” acceptable
- Sans Serif preferred
- Suggestion…100% Free downloadable font options available on dafont.com
- Simple earth/water colors- blues, greens, browns
- Limited colors- remain cost-conscious in printing and reproducing
- Avoid color gradients
Whidbey Watershed Stewards Board and Staff will select the winning logo submission. Our winning contestant agrees that Whidbey Watershed Stewards may publish their logo and name and may use both for advertising campaigns and/or marketing materials in the future.
Contest winner will receive
- Recognition in WWS e-newsletter, on our website and our social media platforms
- $100.00 cash
- Bragging rights!
More detailed rules and expectations…
- WWS reserves the right to extend all deadlines associated with this contest to ensure receipt of a sufficient number of entries.
- Logos cannot contain copyrighted material. YOU, as contestant, must create and edit your logo submission. Logos may not include previously published images of licensed images.
- WWS may alter, modify, or revise the logo as it sees necessary to achieve its promotional goals, and may use any of the submissions in future promotional campaigns.
- The winning contestant agrees to bestow all ownership rights, including all intellectual property rights to the logo, to Whidbey Watershed Stewards.