Hello Supporters of Whidbey’s Watersheds,
Get your calendars ready…we have so many great events and opportunities on the horizon and we don’t want you missing out!
- April 18th– Welcome the Whales, Langley
- WWS Bake Sale, Langley United Methodist Church from 11-3
- Langley Middle School Ocean Acidification Project Presentation, XXXX from XX-XX
- April 22nd (Earth Day!)- a WWS Earth and Ocean Month Event
- Wetland Wednesday, Freeland Wetland Preserve from 12-3
What is a Wetland Wednesday? Through a generous gift from the Friends of Freeland we are now Stewards of the beautiful Freeland Wetland Preserve near the corner of Scott and Newman Roads. While the Preserve is open to the public year round, Wetland Wednesdays is our chance to get out on the land with you to explore, dream and learn together. We have a handful of experts joining us to share on a variety of topics, including wetland hydrology, native plants, and birding.
- Save these additional dates for Wetland Wednesday’s:
- May 20th, June 17th, July 15th, Aug. 19th, and Sept. 16th
- Times, guest speakers and other information for our Wetland Wednesday’s available on our Facebook page and website at least a week before the event.
Salmon Enchanted Evening is coming up on July 25th…this dinner is a great chance to mix and mingle with fellow supporters of the Stewards. If you have not attended this annual fundraising event before and would like to receive an invitation, please e-mail email@example.com.
Other events on the drawing board include a celebration at Robinson Beach in Freeland later this spring and a family friendly fishin’ and picnicking party at Maxwelton Beach with our event partners, the South Whidbey Fishin’ Club, in August. As with the upcoming Wetland Wednesdays, we will post more about these parties on Facebook and our website as the details get sorted out. I’m sure you’ll read more about what we’ve got going on through future e-newsletters, too.
Thank you so very much for supporting Whidbey Watershed Stewards.
I look forward to seeing you at our events this year!
Sarah Boin, Board President